Do I Need To Learn Java?
Java is a popular, general-purpose programming language that runs on a variety of platforms, including Windows and OS. Software developers and other coders use this class-based, object-oriented programming language to build web, desktop, and Android apps, as well as enterprise software. Originally released by Sun Microsystems in 1995, Java is now owned by Oracle, and the current version is Java 19. Billions of devices worldwide run Java, and Oracle claims that it’s the “#1 programming language for developers.”
What Does Java Do?
Java software runs on everything from laptops and game consoles to data centers and supercomputers. It has a wide range of applications. In addition to being used to develop Android apps and enterprise software, programmers use Java is used in big data analytics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, scientific computing, and Java programming of hardware devices, as well as cloud applications and Apache, GlassFish, and other server-side technologies.
Top 10 Reasons to Learn Java
If you’re uncertain whether learning Java is the right step for you, here are the top 10 reasons to learn this popular programming language
1. Beginner friendly: Perhaps the best feature of Java is that it is one of the easiest programming languages to learn and use. Most programmers can learn Java in a short amount of time. Its syntax is similar to English, and you’ll find many training programs and online tutorials to help you learn.
2. Popular: Millions of developers use Java, and it runs on billions of devices worldwide. The online community of Java users is enormous, so you’ll find plenty of support as you progress from beginner to expert level.
3. Versatile: Because it’s used for programming on different platforms for everything from the web and desktop to mobile and the cloud, Java is a good fit for many projects.
4. Object-oriented: Java is one of the few object-oriented programming languages, which keeps any system more flexible, integrated, and extensionable.
5. Great development tools: Integrated development environments, such as Eclipse and IntellJ IDEA, make Java coding faster and easier by supplying debugging, code completion, and other facilities.
6. Large selection of APIs: You’ll find many prewritten Java packages, classes, and interfaces with their respective methods, fields, and constructors. These APIs will help you minimize the number of lines you need to write within pieces of code.
7. Abundant open-source libraries: You can copy, study, change, and share resources in the many Java open-source libraries to ease and speed up Java development.
Related reading: 10 Best Java Programming Courses & Certifications for Beginners to Learn in 2022
8. Outstanding documentation support: Javadoc makes understanding the code easy. It uses the Java source code to generate the API documentation in HTML format.
9. Free: Oracle offers Java free of charge under a binary code license for development and test environments. There is a fee for commercial use.
10. Career benefits: As a result of Java’s widespread use, there’s usually high demand for Java developers and plenty of job opportunities. The average salary of a Java developer ranges between $40,000 for a junior developer to $200,000 for a senior developer.
A Practical Programming Language
Because of its widespread use, Java is a desirable programming language to master. The good news is that it’s also well suited to be the first programming language to learn. Proficiency in Java will expand your programming skills and offer many career opportunities, including some that you may not have considered.
Experience working with an award-winning staffing services company
Akraya is a multiple award-winning IT staffing and recruitment agency for digital enterprises.
At Akraya, our employees are laser-focused on empowering our clients and consultants to succeed. Our award-winning staffing services are provided by specialized recruiters who are experts at delivering IT, marketing, and business professional talent.
Let Akraya find the best possible talent for your team. Contact us today!