Our Commitment To Privacy
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining Akraya’s online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, it is available on our homepage and wherever personally identifiable information may be requested. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Akraya website.
The Information We Collect
When you browse our website, your IP address (the internet address of your computer) is recorded so that we may know how you are using our website. Your browser may also automatically provide us with information regarding your computer and operating system. This information is used by Akraya to monitor and improve our website. This information is not linked back to you as an individual user. On some pages, you can order services, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected on these pages are name, address, email, phone, text messages, fax, and billing information. To tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our services, we may also ask you to voluntarily provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our services, and contact preferences.
To provide you with work-finding services our recruitment consultants will send you job alert emails or text messages, matching your job search criteria and preferences. From time to time, you may also receive job alerts that our consultants consider you may find interesting.
This Privacy Statement applies to all prospects or potential employees, applicants, or candidates, including in relation to any work, employment, engagement, contractor, intern, and other opportunities with us.
“Personal information” is information that relates to an identifiable individual processed by automatic means or potentially forming part of a structured manual filing system.
“Processing” or “Process” includes various personal information-based activities (for example, when we collect, use, disclose, delete, transfer, and store personal information).
We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement completely to ensure you are fully informed.
- Information provided by Akraya personnel who have referred you for a job.
- Information provided by background checking agencies, including (where permitted under applicable law) criminal background checks, and security clearance checks (to the extent applicable to relevant government work) to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided.
- Information provided by referees in response to reference requests.
- Information collected from publicly available sources, including any business, professional, or social media platforms you use or other relevant information available online.
Whom we share your personal information
We will disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- AKRAYA Group members around the world to administer the recruitment processes, including managers, administrators, and our People & Purpose teams.
- Background-checking or other screening providers and third parties that verify employment history, academic and professional achievements, and assist with the collection and preparation of applications for security clearances for relevant projects (when necessary).
- Third-party service providers that support our Recruitment process (such as recruitment or executive search agencies involved in your recruitment or third-party survey tool providers designated by us).
- Third parties such as courts, regulators, tribunals, or professional advisers to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or address legal matters, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation, or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative, or judicial process.
- Third parties as necessary to establish, exercise, or defend against potential, threatened, or actual litigation.
- Public authorities and their authorized agents in response to lawful requests.
- Third parties where you have consented or otherwise instructed us to share your personal data.
We do not “sell” to third parties, or “share” with third parties for targeted advertising purposes, the personal information that it collects or processes as part of the recruitment, employment, or personnel management process or any related processes (including as those terms are defined under the California Privacy Rights Act).
Please note the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password or other forms of authentication involved in accessing password-protected or secured areas of any recruitment web page.
The Way We Use Information
Akraya uses this information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, update you on services and benefits, and personalize our website for you. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with information about other Akraya products that we think would be of particular interest to you. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or market research communications. You may exercise this right to opt out at any time. We never use or share the personal information you provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
The sites and services do not knowingly collect personal information from children
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with their Personal Information, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section of this notice.
How You Can Correct Your Information
At any time, you may obtain a summary of your personal information on record with Akraya. You may also request that we dispose of any or all personal information about you, except for personal information we need to complete transactions or to maintain proper records of previous transactions. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your personal information.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, or how we handle your personal information, please contact us. Akraya welcomes comments and suggestions concerning this Privacy Statement. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using Akraya’s website, you signify your agreement to this Privacy Statement. Akraya reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Any revisions will be posted on this site. Please check this page periodically for changes.